I am a merchandising specialist helping businesses understand customer priorities while future-proofing and achieving commercial ambitions.
Areas of Expertise
Expert in the design and execution of multi channel strategies ensuring clear communication and alignment through collaboration with all business functions.
Specialist in executing a profitable E-commerce offer with a passion for understanding new market trends. Problem solving the customer experience both in store and online.
Organisational change and simplification
Adept at simplifying business processes to create efficiencies to react quicker to customer behaviours encouraging an agile approach with teams.
Sustainability and Cost management
Skilled in the budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis to deliver each market and channel profitability whilst ensuring social and environmental goals are achieved.
A great innovator and inspirator of people with 15+ years working in fashion retail
Career history spanning across Ladies, Menswear, kidswear and sportswear. Working for leading fashion retailers from the value sector, mainstream and designer brand collaborations.
Now looking for a role with an innovative brand which is technology driven with strong people and sustainable values.
Cambridge University; Sustainability management course
Currently learning the latest thinking and research on Sustainability management. Including an ongoing project on the best course of action for the fashion industry.
I believe we all have a responsibility to build a sustainable economy which will involve engagement, collaboration and advocating change. Please feel free to get in touch to share your views and thoughts.
F&F Tesco, Head of Merchandising
- Led the F&F e-commerce strategy since 2017. Highlights include the launch of a concession model with Next Plc and the research and implementation of a new profitable platform. Aligning the business to be digital first.
- Grew the ladieswear business internationally and across channels from 12th to 8th in the market over 4 years. turnover of +£600m.
- Led the merchandising teams through three major re‑structures delivering a continual improved and stream-lined business model.
- Managed a cross-functional and supplier collaboration project to deliver a faster response to customer behaviours.
- ‘Women on leadership’ business mentor and company BAME representative.
- Won the CEO award for outstanding achievement for the turnaround in performance of business units.
- Developed brand strategies for the ‘Designer at Debenhams’ ranges through strong relationships with the designers.
My Free Time
Covid-19 has made me re-assess what I am ‘giving back’ to my community and those around me.
Work with local charities and the council to define on going covid response plans.
Providing digital focused initiatives to the Trading Director.
Co-founder of MICN – supporting the merchandising sector with mentoring and technical advice to land the next job.
If you know of anyone who needs any advice or help with their career transition, happy to help.
Fitness and the outdoors give me mental balance.
Why should anyone be led by you?
Rob Goffee & Gareth Jones
The Book You Wish Your Parents Had Read (and Your Children Will be Glad That You Did)
At weekends you will usually find me running around after our daughter who has an adorable sense of adventure. Key ‘lockdown’ activities include baking, gardening and discovering rainbows!